I’ve not read through all the leaked American cables serialised in The Guardian today, but skimming over some of the information reveals the following “Top Secret” opinions held by the Americans about other countries leaders;
- President Medvedev of russia plays “robin to Putin’s “batman”.
- Kim Jong-il, ailing dictator of North Korea is a “flabby old chap” and has suffered trauma due to having had a stroke.
- president Sarkozy of france was “thin-skinned”.
- Silvio Belusconi, Italy’s prime minister was “feckless, vain and ineffective as a modern european leader”.
- Afghan president Hamid Karzai is weak and listens to any bizarre stories of plots against him.
- President Mugabe of Zimbabwe is branded “the crazy old man”.
- Colonel Gaddafi is “just strange”.
- and Israel prime minister Netanyahu “never keeps his promises”.
I think I could have saved them a lot of time and money having to wade through and publish all those revealing new facts!
As the title of my post says, well…..duh!
- US embassy cables: America’s view of Kim Jong-il, Putin, Sarkozy and Berlusconi (guardian.co.uk)
- You: WikiLeaks cables reveal personal details on world leaders (washingtonpost.com)